Friday, January 27, 2012

Cold Season

Cold and Flu season is upon us. This is a scary thing for a mom of 3 small children! I voiced my fear to a good friend of mine about cold season during the fall and she reccomended I give the older girls grapefruit seed extract.

I currently have a cold and ever since I was young I suffered from cronic sinus infections. In college I had a sinus infection for 3 months.

I currently have a nursing baby and although there are some safe over the counter cold/sinus meds, I really wanted to try something natural. I was talking to my same beautiful, sweet, smart friend recomended using my neti pot with a few drops of gse in it to prevent/treat the sinus infection I think I am getting.

And guess what it is working! This morning when I woke up I had the tale tale sighn of a sinus infection (anyone who has had a sinus infection knows what that is) and after doing two rinses with a combination of saline, warm water and gse the SIGN is gone! I am less congested and don't feel as much sinus pressure either. I also used the gse in some warm water and gargled with it and my sore throat felt better by morning. I don't know for sure that I had a sinus infection because I didn't go to the doctor but all the symptoms were gone after using the gse a few times a day for 2 days. I think if I had waited much longer I for sure would have needed an antibiotic , but again that is just my assumption from previous experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment